Aquaman (2018) Movie Review

Aquaman (2018) Review


Hello guys and welcome back! A bit late that I have anticipated this review will come but with the new site in development and Christmas I did not find the time to do this review but I found a brake from the preparations for New Year, which I will spend in the mountains, to review this movie. 

So, if anyone was thinking that Aquaman was just a goofy looking hero, being mocked because of his costume and powers, the ability to talk to fish mostly, that is all in the past because Aquaman has turned into one bad ass hero and his ability to talk to fish plays an important role into his recognition as the true king of Atlantis, which I found it very clever how this movie took something ridiculous and turn into something impactful. And the whole movie is like that, with messages that have a real impact on the audience because it talks about the pollution of the oceans and race equality as well. That is one of the good things from this movie, which, to my surprise because DC had a rocky start and a more rocky continuation, except for Wonder Woman of course, with it's universe, has very few negatives, almost none to be honest. Another good thing are the special and visual effects, which are astonishing and visually eye popping and, yes, some have said that the whole movie is a CGI fest but, if it looks that good, I have no problem with it. The action is impeccable, thrilling and entertaining, to put it mildly and the performances are top notch. Jason Momoa brings his charm, coolness and humor to the character, making him very relatable. 

Speaking of humor, by the way. DC is slowly learning that a bit of humor goes a long way and this movie has some very good humor, making the movie even that more enjoyable. It has some snippets from the Indiana Jones movies and it may resemble with one of the MCU hits from this year, Black Panther but I was OK with that. 

Overall, the movie is not better than Wonder Woman but it is up there, offering the viewer a tidal wave of spectacle of the highest quality, some good old fashioned fun, compelling characters and a good story. I've said it and I will say it again: DC should stick to movies that is focused on one hero and not a team up because the numbers and critics don't lie. The best movies from the DCEU, commercially and critically, are Man of Steel, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Next up will be Shazam! and I am hopping that this one is not going to break the tradition. We will have to wait until April to find out. 8.2/10

OK guys, that is my review for this one and this will be my final review for this year because the reviews for Into the Spider Verse and Bumblebee I will post next year in January and on my new site, which I am going to launch in the same month. But I will have reviews on this one to and many to come for next year. My new site is going to be called Movie Nerd and it will be available from January. Until then, have a great New Year's Eve and see you all in 2019! Peace out and keep on reviewing!


Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review