Mother! (2017) Movie Review

Mother! (2017) Review


Man, this was a movie that completely blew my mind but not in a good way and I am not even sure that it blew my mind in a bad way because I still don't know what movie or what type of movie this was. Clearly, it's a thought provoking piece of cinema and it looks and feels like a poetry but what was it's main theme? Creation? Motherhood? A women's role in a house? The importance of being kind with your fellow men? Resurrection? Rebirth? Protection Mother Nature? The movie has all these different themes that it tackles and because of that, you don't know which one is the main one. Maybe Divinity or something from the Bible? Adam and Eve perhaps? And if you think this movie is a horror movie, think twice or a couple more because this one ain't horror. I don't even know if the movie know what it is. It's so chaotic and confusing, with so many characters popping up with no explanation making the final act of the movie feel so out of place and extremely weird and illogical. And, to be honest, I laughed at a couple of scenes in this movie because it takes itself so serious that becomes amusing and ridiculous. Performances are OK, no problem there. Well, I don't even know if I can or can't recommend this movie for you to see or not to see but it's entirely up to you. I think this is what you get when you do a script over a week-end. 6/10

OK guys, those are the reviews for today. Next up is "Logan Lucky". Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!
 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review