Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018) Movie Review

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews #100%! Yes, I changed the name into something a bit more out of the box, just like my personality. Today being my day off I have decided to post 3 movie reviews in one shot because of my busy schedule. The review for this movie it should have been posted last week but, unfortunately, did not find the time and I got some penalties because of that but, fortunately, it all worked out in the end. 

So, being a Potter head myself, I was very eager to see this movie because I enjoyed the first one, did a review for that as well, you can find it here, on my blog and I hoped that it will be as good as the first one. For me, at least, it was but, unfortunately, not as good as the first. I am saying that because it feels less magical and more fan service, especially for the Potter fans. The story is quite weak, for the ones that are not a Harry Potter fan it will be hard to understand because it contains many links and connections to the Potter franchise and I can say that they went a bit overboard with the hints and easter eggs that connects this series with the Harry Potter one. For me, it was very nice seeing Hogwarts again and hearing that Hedwig theme but, like I said, for the ones that are not Potter fans or haven't read the books it will feel very confusing. 

The action is great, the special effects are amazing, of course, some good humor sprinkled here and there, especially from Dan Fogler's character, which again, steels every scene he is into. Speaking of that, there is an unnecessary second story with him and Queenie, which does nothing more than pan the runtime. And speaking of that, there are a couple more stories in this, making the movie a mash of different plot points and forgettable characters. 

Despite all that, I still enjoyed the movie and stronger link that is slowly connecting this with the Potter franchise. Acting was good, Jude Law makes for a charismatic Dumbledore and Eddie Redmayne was as good as in the first one. Johnny Depp was a bit wooden, he was there but it did not affect the story a much more way. 

So, if you want to take your kid or your family to this movie, don't because it's not a kids movie because it has some violence and some creepy imagery that are not appropriate for a kid. 

Overall, a weaker continuation with a less than acceptable script but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review