Overdrive (2017) Movie Review

Overdrive (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! The reviews that I am going to do today and, maybe, tomorrow are going to be the last of this year. So, for today, I have not one, not two but three reviews. Let's get started with this one and I am possibly one of the few people that actually enjoyed this movie. Don't get me wrong, this is not a good movie. It lacks originality, a good script and a plot. And, when I say it lacks originality, I mean it's a mashup of other movies about cars. You can see similarities with "Gone in 60 seconds", "Taken", "Taxi", "The Transporter" even and, the most obvious, the "Fast and Furious" series. I know that some of the people that worked on "Fast and Furious" and "Taken" made this movie but, maybe, offer a fresh take on this subject instead of using everything that you used before in other movies. What I enjoyed is the chemistry between the actors, the humor has a good quality to it and the action scenes are really not that bad. Plus Ana de Armas is a joy to watch and she is a good actress as well. Sadly, it's very predictable and full of cliches plus the lack of originality lowers the quality. You would be better off if you watched the other movies that this one was inspired of. 5.5/10

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review