(500) Days of Summer (2009) Movie Review

(500) Days of Summer (2009) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor. This movie was not in my review plans for this week but, I thought, what the heck, let's do it. So, this movie was directed by Marc Webb and I felt a bit nervous at one point because I remembered "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and what an amazing flop that was. But, in the first 10 minutes of this movie, I said that this is a good movie. It surprised me in a very good way. It's smart, cute, funny, honest and it's not your normal romantic comedy and that is why I enjoyed this movie. It does not fall into the cliches of every other romantic comedy and instead, it gives you an honest look on what a relationship might really be in reality. And I was talking yesterday, in my review for "Scott Pilgrim....", about scene transitions and how they don't work every time. In that movie works but so in this one. Webb has a different style than Edgar Wright, with scenes that are the complete opposite of other scenes. The story may not be coherent, for some, because of all those back and forth but you can manage to follow the thread and discover where in ends and how in ends. Plus, that scene, with Gordon-Levitt's character split into two, his expectations and the reality, was excellent. In my opinion, the best part of the movie, because you can see, clearly, that his expectations were so different in contrast to what really happened. And the actors were excellent, mainly Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel who have great chemistry. Overall, it's a nice take on the romantic comedy genre with a brilliant twist at the end. 8/10

OK guys, that is my review for today. Tomorrow, the beaches are going wild because it's time for my "Baywatch" 2017 review. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!  

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review