Baywatch (2017) Movie Review

Baywatch (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! Today, I take a dive into the remake of the popular TV Show, "Baywatch". Look, I did not see the TV Show or any other movie about these lifeguards so I did not know what to expect. However, I've heard what other critics said about this movie and I kinda agree with them. I know the TV Show had that campy 80's feel but they change that with this movie, which is good for the newer generations. They tried to make it like the "21 Jump Street" remake but they failed utterly. Except for the cast, which are wasted, and the good chemistry between them this movie has nothing to offer in terms of quality humor, action and story. The humor is bad, consisting only of penis jokes, mainly, the action is not great and the story is flimsy, at best. The actors were OK, as I said plus the chemistry between The Rock and Effron is great. And I cannot believe this movie was directed by Seth Gordon, the one who did the first "Horrible Bosses", which is a funny movie. And you can compare this shipwreck with "21 Jump Street" or even it's sequel because those movies were smartly made. Plus, you have, of course, the obligatory cameos of Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson but they could have done without Pamela Anderson. Just my opinion. Also also, the girls are stunning. Overall, I appreciate the effort but the movie is not funny. I mean, I got a few chuckles but that's it. Mainly from the ending scene in slow-motion. And, by the way, the slow-motion is overused. I mean, I know that "Baywatch" is famous for its slow-motion but don't over do it. You don't have to dramatize almost every bit with slow-motion. Less is more! And don't make a sequel! One is enough! 5.2/10

OK guys, that is my review for today. A review for "Dolores Claiborne" coming next. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!


Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review