The First Purge (2018) Movie Review

The First Purge (2018) Review


Hello again guys. So, this is the third review for today and the fourth movie in this franchise and also the first because it's a prequel of how everything started. Like with the Ocean's movies, I did not review the first three movies but I can summarize them like this: the first one was fine, for the most part, the second one was good, full of action and the third one was so-so. This one, however, is like the third one.

Look, if you are a fan of the franchise, like me, you are going to be satisfied with this entry because the right amount of violence to keep you entertained but it's social commentary outshines the action and the bloody scenes. In some parts, the movie is thrilling, it has some horror elements that the other entries don't really have, maybe except for the first one. It's got some suspense but, unfortunately, in the last act of the movie, with no explanation, the movie turns into Die Hard territory which I would not mind but I already seen Skyscraper this year, which was basically 2018's Die Hard and I was already fed up with movies copying other movies. That being said, the action sequence from the end was good. 

Overall, it's not a bad movie, it has something going for it but, at this point, I don't think they should proceed with another one because I think the story reached it's end. And blimey, they even have a TV Show starting so I think that's enough. 6.2/10

OK guys, those are the reviews for today. Up next, the second Sicario movie and others as well. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review