A Cure For Wellness (2017) Movie Review

A Cure For Wellness (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews! Today I'm reviewing a movie that was not on my radar for this week but I was aware of it and I saw it. It is any good? Let me tell you. First of all, the movie is visually stunning, with some very haunting and weird imagery, it has nice tension and good atmosphere but the good things come to a halt here. Why? Because the main story is derivative and has been executed by far superior movies in the past, one example being "Shutter Island". Hence the predictability. With a main plot that is not original, basically you can see everything coming, leaving the movie to offer no surprise of any kind. And the run time is exaggerated but being a Gore Verbinski movie I'm not surprised. Just look at the first three "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. The movie has twists and frights but, like I said, you can see them from a mile away. I did not have any problems with the performances, Dane DeHann was good and Jason Isaacs makes for a good villain, predictable as he may be. All that potential wasted on a plot that is unoriginal and done before. Watch "Shutter Island" instead. Or any other movie that has mental/health institutions with dark secrets. Even the meaning of the title is easy to uncover in the movie. Not a good one. 6/10

OK guys, this is my review for today. The following days is time for DC to be put under my test. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!
 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review