Unfriended (2015) Movie Review

Unfriended (2015) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews #100%, the place where you can be nerdy about movies and where you can get the freshest of reviews! Although this is an older movie, the review will be fresh nonetheless. Or rotten, depending on the mood I am in.

So, because I have finally found a decent version of the movie ''Unfriended: Dark Web'', which I will review after this, I thought this will be a good opportunity to revisit the first one. As much I enjoyed it at the time, I enjoyed it more the second time around.

A bit of a synopsis for you lot: It's a story that unfolds over a teenager’s computer screen as she and her friends are stalked by an unseen figure who seeks vengeance for a shaming video that led a vicious bully to kill herself a year earlier.

So, the story is simple, nothing to complicated, which, this time, I really appreciated. You don't get the find out more about these people at first but, as time progresses, one secret after another is spilled by each of them, under duress of course by a figure, entity or something because the movie, unfortunately, does not reveal exactly who or what it is. If you are going to say that they show it at the end of the movie, I call bullshit on that because it's not 100% clear so, if you are saying that, you can piss off.

What intrigued me was the style of filming, showing you exactly what is going on and the reactions of each of the people involved, creating some nice tension, suspense and a pure sheer of dread. It successfully dodged the cliches that you get with a found footage horror movie, bringing you a fresh take on the teen slasher genre, with a little techno twist.

At times it can be annoying and the characters can be a little bit juvenile but, most of the movie is worth watching.

Overall, for me, the movie was mostly a hit, ushering a new era in horror, with some genuine scares, originality and a frightening look at what social media can really do to a person. The ending was, like I said, a bit unclear, like ''The Blair Witch Project'' unclear but I can give it a pass because the movie was good. 7.2/10

OK guys, that is my review for this one. Coming up next, real soon, the review the second ''Unfriended'' movie.

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review