Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Movie Review

Unfriended: Dark Web (2018) Review


Welcome back guys! So, like I said, this is my take on the second movie in this series, I think, which I thought that ''Friend Request'' was the sequel but I was wrong. Let's get into it, shall we?

First, a bit of a synopsis for you lot: When a 20-something finds a cache of hidden files on his new laptop, he and his friends are unwittingly thrust into the depths of the dark web. They soon discover someone has been watching their every move and will go to unimaginable lengths to protect the dark web.

The main thing is that I did not enjoy this one as much as I did the first because, the second part relies to much on the tension building drama, which I am not against but it kinda looses focus on its themes because of that.

For me, the second part of the movie was good because, in the first 30 minutes you only get talking and the main focus being the relation that this guy has with a girl that is def and how he is trying to manage that situation, becoming to melodramatic and boring. But, fortunately, after that, the movie becomes something else, something that I expected and wanted, offering enough thrills and chills that can satisfy the horror genre fans as myself.

It has genuine scares, which are very effective, tension, suspense and that feeling of dread that I got from the first movie. Unfortunately, it's a pale comparison against the first movie but it still kept me engaged. 6/10

Note to self: if you'r laptop does not work well just go and buy a new and don't steal it from another person because you don't know what secrets they hide and you might regret discovering them.

OK guys, that is my review for this one. Unfortunately, I haven't got around to see ''Glass'' but I will see it next weekend so my review for that will be posted then. In other news, reviews coming for ''A Star is Born'' and ''The Girl in the Spider's Web''. Until then, take care, stay movie nerdy and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review