Pacific Rim (2013) Movie Review

Pacific Rim (2013) Review


Well, this one was not on my program for today but, because I am seeing for the third time it's sequel, which I am going to review tomorrow, I thought to review the first one as well and I can tell you that the first one is way better than the second one.

First, because it has Del Toro in the director's chair, who know how to manage a movie that features monsters and weird creatures but it can give it a very poetic imagery but not in this case. Second, it has a good and simple story, appealing and believable characters, a good distribution and lots of action, special effects that look amazing and great fights between the robots and the monsters. That it what you want from a movie like this, to be entertained and boy you are here! It is exactly what I was expecting, even from the get go. Dumb fun that I can enjoy. 

It's the type of movie where the style out measures the substance, which is fine by me. I don't need some over the top drama, fleshed out characters and a boring story. I can agree, it needs some work in some parts but, overall, it is an experience that it's full of fun, great visuals, one hell of a speech from Idris Elba that can rival the one from Independence Day, lots of action and great characters. 7.3/10

OK guys, those are the reviews for today. I said what review is coming next so, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review