Tomb Raider (2018) Movie Review

Tomb Raider (2018) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! Well, this one has been a long time coming because I have seen the movie when it came out, in March but I did not have time to do a review but I do have time and I make money out of this so, let's just dive in.

To say that I enjoyed the two Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider movies is a overstatement because I haven't. Yes, you can have fun with them but they aren't good movie, especially the second one. And the track for a good, well, at least average movie based on a game is not spectacular since the first Mortal Kombat came. This one did not deviate from that track but is not the worst. I can tell you that is better than the other two but, unfortunately, it has a very low quality origin story. And not very inspired, I might add. The good parts are the approach, which is more grounded in reality and Alicia Vikander, which holds up her part of the deal with style and commitment. What can I say about the villain? I love Walton Goggins, he's a very good actor but, it appears, he is stuck playing these characters that have malevolent thoughts and, this time around, his character is just very by the book, do what my boss tells me to do type of guy.

Another good part of the movie are the special effects and action sequences that are done very well, with a full amount of an impact that you can be satisfied, even though the rest of the movie is not as good. 

Overall, for a new franchise to be rebooted, you need more than some special effects and a committed lead actress/actor. So, I would not hold my breath for a sequel. 6.5/10

OK guys, that is the review for today. Next up, another March film but it's a surprise! Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!




Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review