Ready Player One (2018) Movie Review

Ready Player One (2018) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! Well, today I am reviewing one of my favorite movies of the year and one that is, at least in my opinion, up there with other great movies from Spielberg. 

I read the book after I saw the movie and I can tell you that they scrapped and changed a lot from the book but I still found it satisfying, pleasing and well adapted. And I can say that I was very happy to hear that Spielberg was going back to what he does best and that is being a storyteller, putting together an adventure on the silver screen and this movie is just that, a return to his roots, sort of speak. It has excitement, love, fun, some very good humor, a ton of brilliant special and visual effects and it combines very well a kind of a coming of age story with elements of SF. 

What makes this movie great is the references to pop culture and if you like those types of things, with nostalgia and everything, mainly from the 80's and 90's and you are a fan of the hit show Stranger Things, then this is the movie for you. For some, it may be a bit overwhelming, because there are a lot of references and the movie might seem a bit bloated but it's all worth it, for the story, in particular. And, you may notice that the story has a corporate message, which can make you think.

Overall, I was very pleased with this movie and, if they make a sequel, which there is no need to but I would be on board with it. 8.2/10

OK guys, that is my review for today. Next up, two horror movies, very different, quality wise, Hereditary and Slender Man. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review