Jackie (2016) Movie Review

Jackie (2016) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews! So, my opinions about "Jackie". The movie reminded me of another excellent biopic, "The King's Speech". But of course, the stories are very different. The movie gives you a peek behind the curtain in the like of Jackie Kennedy after the Kennedy assassination. It feels very intimate, it has a great score that really transcends the emotions of the scenes in which that score is playing. It may be boring in some occasions but the movie is elevated by the extraordinary performance of Natalie Portman. The actress blends herself with the legendary figure and you don't see Natalie Portman on screen because she transformed into Jackie Kennedy. She is the first lady. And the close ups with Natalie's face gives you the emotions that she conveys. I can't say this is the best movie of the year because they choose to pay attention more on the character than on the story. So, for me, that lowers the quality a bit. Plus, we have a horrific sight of the gunshot that I did not expect to see. I don't know if that's a good thing. Personally, I would have enjoyed the movie without that particular scene but, I have to say, it was a powerful scene. So, see it, don't see it, it's up to you. If you haven't see it already. 8.5/10

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review