Footloose (2011) Movie Review

Footloose (2011) Review


You know what they say about remakes right? There are unnecessary and bad. Well, I can agree with one of those adjectives. Yes, "Footloose" didn't need a remake but the energy and style that director Craig Brewer brings to the table makes it a decent remake. I can even say a good one. But I still like the original more. I wasn't even born when the original movie came out but I like that one more because the way it tells the story. The remake does hold similarities with the original but it is not a copy and that is a good thing. It was made clearly to tell the same story but keep in it fresh for the new generation, which I am a part of. It has way more dance scenes than the original and that is my beef with this movie. It concentrates more on the dance moves and styles instead of the story and the situation. I can say that it introduces the characters a little more better than the original and gives more information about how the whole story started. Julianne Hough is way sexier than Laurie Strode in the role of Ariel and she's got the moves. The kid that plays Ren, Kenny Wormald, is good but he's no Kevin Bacon. Milles Teller is awesome, giving a bit more humor to the character and the story. The dance scene at the end of the movie, I can say that it tops the original. A well made remake but I still like the 1984 version. 7/10

OK guys, those are the reviews for today. More reviews coming up for "Beauty and the Beast", the cartoon and the remake, "Life" and "Ghost in the Shell". And maybe I'll squeeze in a "2012" review. Maybe. So, until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review