Kong: Skull Island (2017) Movie Review

Kong: Skull Island (2017) Review


Well, this movie was great. I can say that, in the special effects department, surpasses Peter Jackson's movie but it's no match against the classic. I liked the different approach on the story and the fact that they didn't go with the classical one. A nice change and welcoming. One thing that I wanna see in a monster movie is monsters fighting. And I got just that. In that department I am very satisfied. Performances are great and the visuals combined with the special effects look incredible. And it has that feeling of war movie, close to "Apocalypse Now" kinda vibe. People that have seen "Apocalypse Now" will know what I'm taking about. There are some negative things also. The character development is missing almost entirely. There are some bits of information about the characters but not enough to get a backstory. What they did, who they are? What kind of people they are? We don't get almost no information. Another thing is Brie Larson's character, which is only there for eye candy. The humor is good but I think they exaggerated a bit. Some of the dialogue and lines are a bit weird and confusing and we don't get a main hero. And there are some pieces of the classical story but I'm not going to give spoilers. A good movie but it needed more character development. 8.1/10

OK guys, those are my reviews for today. Not sure what other reviews I'm cooking this coming week but I'm definitely cooking something. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review