Death Note (2017) Movie Review

Death Note (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! So, to be honest, I don't know much about this property, other than the fact that it is based on a Japanese anime series, which I haven't seen yet so I don't know how to compare this movie with that. As a stand alone film, it's kinda of a disappointment to me because it starts off interesting, it has a compelling story but, unfortunately, it transforms into this generic vigilante piece that does not surprise me with anything. I can give credit to the director, it is shot very well and he has an eye for impressive visuals, plus we get a very talented cast with Willem Dafoe being the stand-out. Overall, if you are a fan of the "Death Note" anime, I suggest you stay away from this one because it will disappoint you and any other fan of the property. It didn't impressed me so you will see what I'm talking about. The horror/supernatural feeling of the movie is barely there so it doesn't help a lot. What can I say? Watch the anime instead of this one. 5/10

OK guys, that is my review for this one. Next up, who knows? Anything is possible. Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review