Gerald's Game (2017) Movie Review

Gerald's Game (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Talks with Tudor! On this "episode" I will review yet another Stephen King adaptation. "Gerald's Game" is a lesser known Stephen King book that does not deal with supernatural or monsters, although the movie does have some creepy and unsettling moments. What I can say is that I enjoyed this movie and, in my opinion, it deserves a spot on Stephen King best adaptation list. It does have some differences but Mike Flannagan, who also did "Oculus", "Hush" and "Ouija: Origin of Evil", knows how to craft a suspenseful and tense story. It has a slow pace, I admit and it could be, for some, a bit hard to endure but, if you are a Stephen King fan, you will appreciate the tense atmosphere that this director created. And if you are a fan of SK, you will notice the connections with, mostly, "Dolores Claiborne" storyline, mainly the eclipse part. And there is, also, a "Cujo" remainder. Like I said, it does have some creepy moments that can really make you tingle. Plus, Carla Cugino's performance is amazing, to say the least. She is so believable and authentic that reminded me of James Franco's performances in "127 Hours". And that is saying something. Overall, I enjoyed this movie and I appreciated that it was a mostly accurate adaptation and a good one. 8/10

OK guys, that is my review for this one. Next up is "Blade Runner" and, of course, "Blade Runner 2049". Until then, take care and keep on reviewing!

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review