Going In Style (2017) Movie Review

Going In Style (2017) Review


Hello guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews! So, I just returned from my vacation in Greece and, although, this is not the review I promised, I will eventually see "Dunkirk" and "Valerian". Until then, I will leave you with my thoughts about this movie. Look, the problem with this movie is that I've already seen this type of movie before. We have so many, like "RED" 1 and 2, "Last Vegas" and "Stand-Up Guys". The type I'm talking about are comedies with elderly actors. Plus, the plot is not original at all. But the movie addresses a very serious problem, which is that the state does not care what happens with the elderly people. And that is a real problem that is happening today. And I appreciated how they combined it with comedy. And there are some few laughs in this. Unfortunately, the movie plays it to safe and it gives you the feeling that they did not want to developed the story a bit more. Although you have three legends of cinema in the starting roles, because these are the only types of movies they can still do, I don't know why and it's a shame but they did what they could with the material that it was given to them, which was not much and you have some comedy and some drama, at a point, the movie is not something fresh but, like I said, I appreciated the angle they chose. A good movie but, like it's actors, this style is getting old. 6.2/10

OK guys, that is my review for today. Next up, another movie of a genre that is much used that the one I just reviewed, "Unforgettable". Until then, take care and keep on reviewing! 


Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review