Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016) Movie Review

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016) Review


Hi guys and welcome back to Movie Reviews. I had to post this reviews a little early today because later I have some work to do and I'm going to see "La La Land" tonight so the review for that one will be up tomorrow evening, I think. Or it could be today, I don't know. I'm kinda slammed. We shall see. Enough of that and let's continue. Sincerely, I had no idea this movie was made until I saw it last night. It took me by surprise in a good way. It's made as a mockumentary and the idea to make it like this was brilliant. The main focus of the movie is the trio that, in reality, is known as "The Lonely Island" and it's members, Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone are playing a version of that trio. This movie takes the rock and music mockumentary to a whole new level. The songs are great, funny and, in some parts, kinda offensive, racist and vulgar, the atmosphere that the movie uses with is awesome, funny and the performances are very good. We have some cameos and short appearances from different musicians, actors, talk-show hosts and singers. The film is funny, outrageous and insane. The ending was extraordinary, the way they combined all of those songs, beats and rhythms was just astonishing. Some scenes were useless and boring and there weren't necessary but, overall, the movie was a nice surprise. 8/10
 

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

In The Mood For Love Movie Review

Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956 - 2016)

Wind River (2017) Movie Review